<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Home Home Home  

Here is what Obama should say about marriage equality today

May 9 2012 at 10:34 AM
Lex 

He will be interviewed by ABC later today about his ever "evolving" view on marriage equality.

This from the comment section in a NYT story about the interview:

"Homosexuals exist - they are born the way they are, it is not a choice. There is no psychiatric, medical, or scientific basis for viewing homosexuality as pathological. In lay terms, there is no objective basis for viewing homosexuality as sick or "abnormal". Consequently, this means that homosexuality as a sexual orientation is normal and healthy. Increasingly, research shows hetreosexuality and homosexuality to be distant points on a spectrum of sexual orientation.
I support the legalization of gay marriage because I reject all forms of discrimination against people for being who they inescapably are. Being gay is a biological fact of life that crosses all racial, ethnic, cultural, and religious boundaries. In 2003, we struck down laws that made homosexuality a crime. Earlier, In 1967, we struck down laws outlawing inter-racial marriages, and it is high time we do the same for people of the same sex who love each other and want to participate in the benefits offered married couples. As for those who believe only a man and woman should marry, no one is forcing you to marry a person of the same sex. We only hope that you find the same love and respect in your relationship, as thousands of same sex couples will find in their relationships. Love is all that matters, not the color of your skin, your religious beliefs, nor your sexual orientation."

What the President should say this afternoon, May 9, 2012."

I couldn't say it better myself. Especially in light of North Carolina's landslide vote of itself back into the dark ages yesterday.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Here is what Obama should say about marriage equality today
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Home Home Home  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement