BOUGHT THE MSNTV2 AND IT WON'T EMAIL TO AOL ADDRESSES..

by DAVID

MY OLD KEYBOARD FOR MY CLASSIC UNIT FINALLY BROKE, SO I WAS IN A HURRY AND DECIDED TO GO OUT AND GET THE MSNTV2 AND SWITCH TO THAT NEW SERVICE, FINALLY.

I FIGURED I WOULD DO SO, BECAUSE THE BROWSING SPEED WAS BETTER, AND OF COURSE THIS WOULD RESOLVE MY KEYBOARD ISSUE AT THE SAME TIME, SINCE I WOULD OBVIUSLY HAVE ALL NEW EQUIPMENT, AND THAT WOULD KILL TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE (OR SO I THOUGHT - I FORGOT I WAS DEALING WITH MSNTV HELL MINIONS).

SO, THE SPEED WAS GREAT. EVEN WITH DIAL-UP IT IS MUCH QUICKER THAN MY CLASSIC, BUT THEN AGAIN, ANY UNIT IS FASTER THAN THE CLASSIC, BECAUSE OF HIGHER UPGRADES, SO THERE YOU GO.

SOOOO...I USED MY BRAND-NEW MSNTV2 UNIT AND EMAILED SOMEONE WHO HAS AN AOL ADDRESS, WHICH HAS ALWAYS BEEN NO PROBLEM TO DO WITH MY CLASSIC UNIT (HIGHEST UPGRADE AVAILABLE ON MY CLASSIC UNIT IS 2.5.9 MPEG) AND WHEN I SENT THE EMAIL WITH THE MSNTV2, I GOT A "POSTMASTER NOTIFICATION" TWELVE HOURS LATER, SAYING THERE WAS A DELAY IN SENDING IT TO AOL.

SO, I THEN WENT AND EMAILED THEM THIS MORNING ON MY OLD CLASSIC, AND THE EMAIL WENT RIGHT THRU PERFECTLY, AND I GOT A RESPONSE FROM THE PERSON I WAS EMAILING RIGHT AWAY, TOO---- NO DELAY NOTICE OR ANYTHING. ALL WAS AS IT ALWAYS HAD BEEN.

SO MUCH FOR MSNTV-2.

SO, I HAVE A DECISION TO MAKE. DO I WANT TO KEEP TWO SERVICE SUBSCRIPTIONS OPEN? I WOULD NEED THE MSNTV2 SUBSCRIPTION AND THE NEW BOX FOR SPEED OF BROWSING, WHICH I AM NOW ADDICTED TO, BUT I STILL NEED THE OLD SUBSCRIPTION AND THE OLD CLASSIC BOX FOR EMAILING PEOPLE, SINCE MOST OF THOSE I EMAIL TO ARE AOL. THE MSNTV2 APPARENTLY HAS NO PROBLEMS EMAILING PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT ON AOL, BUT I DONT INTEND TO BE UNPLUGGING AND SWITCHING BETWEEN TWO UNITS JUST TO EMAIL AOL PEOPLE, SO I WILL MOST LIKELY JUST HOOK UP TO THE OLD BOX WHEN I AM GOING TO BE DOING ALOT OF EMAILING. SOMETIMES I AM ON 'CRAIGS LIST" ALOT, AND I NEED TO KNOW THAT IF SOMEONE FROM THE CRAIGS LIST BOARD EMAILS ME, AND HAPPENS TO BE AN AOL CUSTOMER, THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO EMAIL THEM BACK IN A TIMELY MANNER, NOT HAVE THEM GET THE EMAIL TWELVE FRIGGING HOURS LATER. IT SEEMS RIDICULOUS TO HAVE TO KEEP THE TWO SUBSCRIPTIONS OPEN FOR THIS EMAILING PROBLEM.

THE MSNTV-2 "CUSTOMER SERVICE" DRONE SAID THAT THEY WERE "WORKING ON A FIX" FOR THE AOL EMAIL ISSUE. THEY CLAIM THEY ARE ALSO HAVING A PROBLEM WITH "SHAW.CA" ADDRESSES. (BY THE WAY, THE CUST SERV. PERSON AT WEBTV OLD SERVICE, 1-800-GOWEBTV, SAID THAT THEY TOO WERE HAVING AOL TROUBLE, BUT THAT IS BALONEY, BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY TROUBLE WITH SENDING STUFF TO AOL ADDRESSES WITH MY OLD BOX -- SUCH A MYSTERY....OR JUST SIMPLY ANOTHER MORON IN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT OF THE HELL THAT IS THE MSNTV HEADQUARTERS GIVING OUT INCORRECT INFO/ADVICE, ETC. WHAT ELSE IS NEW.)

HAVING TWO SUBSCRIPTIONS OPEN IS INSANE. I AM NOW PAYING FORTY BUCKS A MONTH FOR THE SUBSTANDARD MSNTV.

IF THAT SUPPOSED "FIXING OF THE AOL EMAIL PROBLEM" IS TRUE, THEN EVENTUALLY, I WILL BE ABLE TO CANCEL MY OLD UNIT'S SERVICE, AND JUST USE THE NEW BOX AND NEW SERVICE.THIS REALLY STINKS....

Posted on Nov 19, 2005, 1:14 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

• AOL(AGONY-ON-LINE). Mike on Nov 19, 2005, 2:30 PM