You are in > ON TOPIC

Return to Index  

Re: How many SR gigs have you attended, and why do you continue going to see this band?

April 28 2017 at 5:18 PM
tHEhEDGE  (no login)

Response to How many SR gigs have you attended, and why do you continue going to see this band?

I've seen them twice - Second Coming Tour (written out of history) and Heaton first night. I also saw Ian Brown do his first 'Roses' set at Esher in 2004.

Weirdly, I'd actually rank Heaton probably last. I loved the Second Coming show - the lights, vibe, Squire's playing - hearing the new songs... seemed like a living, working band. Brown at Esher was a great surprise, fantastic setting and again, great no-knobhead vibe. Heaton was good but I suppose a slight anti-climax. A lot of the crowd were clearly those who missed out first time (myself included, I suppose).

I reckon Mani is aware. He seems like the most grounded. I sense the rest probably know that the cow has been thoroughly milked into the ground and needs putting out to pasture now. I don't think they really care about credibility. After the songs last year, it's probably for the best drawing a line.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: How many SR gigs have you attended, and why do you continue going to see this band? - MOON HEAD on Apr 28, 2017, 5:35 PM
    1. Re: How many SR gigs have you attended, and why do you continue going to see this band? - Stella on Apr 28, 2017, 6:56 PM

2. Re: How many SR gigs have you attended, and why do you continue going to see this band? - boon on May 3, 2017, 11:43 PM
  4. Re: How many SR gigs have you attended, and why do you continue going to see this band? - Northern Soul on Jun 12, 2017, 3:05 PM
Find more forums on Alternative and RockCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement