You are in > ON TOPIC

Return to Index  

Re: I can't profess to have any detailed guitar knowledge*

June 15 2017 at 5:03 PM

pumpo  (Login pumpo)
IAWS2

Response to I can't profess to have any detailed guitar knowledge*

My guess - and that's all it is - is that it was like that when he got it.

Apparently, Peter Green's Les Paul was wired out of phase mistakenly, the sound of which he liked. Not that it sounds anything like Squire in 1989, but that's the way Squire played.

Robbie Krieger said that it's not a wah-wah on Peace Frog but out of phase wired by mistake again.

I expect that whoever had it before him had either done it on purpose to get the Peter Green sound, or it was done accidentally.

The thing that made me think it wasn't his guitars is because it was the same sound on his strat as well; listen to
Blackpool Live. That makes me suspect that he did find out that it was out of phase and had it done to his strat as well. Certainly having it on his custom made Jaguar things makes me suspect that he knew about it by 1989.

I'll have a faff and put something up showing the difference between in and out of phase pickups with some ham fisted Roses impressions la bit later on. Give us chance, I've not had my tea yet.

This message has been edited by pumpo on Jun 15, 2017 5:58 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: I can't profess to have any detailed guitar knowledge* - Me on Jun 15, 2017, 6:33 PM
    1. Re: I can't profess to have any detailed guitar knowledge* - pumpo on Jun 15, 2017, 9:42 PM

2. Re: I can't profess to have any detailed guitar knowledge* - pumpo on Jun 15, 2017, 7:53 PM
    1. Re: I can't profess to have any detailed guitar knowledge* - Martin Clunes on Jun 15, 2017, 8:29 PM
    2. Re: I can't profess to have any detailed guitar knowledge* - Love Cuts on Jun 16, 2017, 8:15 AM
    3. great stuff - David on Jun 16, 2017, 9:06 AM
    4. Re: I can't profess to have any detailed guitar knowledge* - conspiracy theory on Jun 16, 2017, 9:11 AM
    5. lovely stuff - DC on Jun 16, 2017, 1:48 PM
    6. Re: I can't profess to have any detailed guitar knowledge* - pumpo on Jun 16, 2017, 9:31 PM

Find more forums on Alternative and RockCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement