You are in > ON TOPIC

Return to Index  

Re: A love letter

June 26 2017 at 1:22 PM
King Monkey  (Login king__monkey)

Response to Re: A love letter

I notice the getalong gang are speculating wildly about what has/hasn't gone on, and some (one in particular) are even in denial about the inevitable.

In my opinion, the writing's been on the wall for a while. I think this summer's gigs were probably booked a while ago (well in advance of them being announced), and the band didn't want to pull out of them and let the fans down. Perhaps they were booked by the band with the hope and intention of having new music. I think three quarters of the band were probably pulling in that direction.

There seems to be a complete breakdown in the relationship between Ian and Reni. We'll probably never know the full story, in the same way that we don't know why Reni left the band the first time around. But I am more confident in the relationship between Ian and John being repaired and, hopefully, leaving the door open to some sort of collaboration in future. It would be a big shame if John just drifted off into the wilderness again.

I hope that Ian doesn't rush an album the sake of getting new music out, unless of course he's been working in the studio over the past 12 months. But I am looking forward to seeing him tour again. I hope he goes back to smaller venues and drops the Roses songs (we've ben hearing them since Esher) with the exception of Beautiful Thing, which I think deserves to be played live.

I'm thankful for the past six years and I got to see some great shows, La Cigale in particular will live long in the memory. Those of us who frequented here and Hobbits back in the day probably remember a time when none of this seemed possible, so I'll always be thankful I got to see them play together.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: A love letter - cheekymonkey on Jun 27, 2017, 2:31 PM
Find more forums on Alternative and RockCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement