You are in > ON TOPIC

Return to Index  

We NEED to know the score, Ian John Mani & Reni!!!

June 27 2017 at 11:27 PM
BOON  (no login)

I feel, as fans of TSR, we need to know where we stand.

Whilst the greatest hits tours were getting tiresome (mostly due to the lack of new music - AFO and BT were ok - well, the latter anyway), I think the band owe us some kind of statement. We have given quite a lot to that band. Financially or otherwise.

When they last imploded after Reading '96, the band were officially dissolved via a statement that October.

Well, fuck that! They came back on the scene in 2011 with promises to "shake up the world", and for the summer of 2012, they were literally the hottest ticket (God, I hate that term) worldwide. The Shane Meadows documentary, whilst somewhat myopic, cemented them into "legendary" status for those who were previously unaware of the magic these four men possess when they play music together.

If last weekend's gig was the final one, then we need to know. Not meeting John Squire at a petrol station only to be told these were the last gigs "for now", whilst Ian drops far stronger hints for the Roses' demise publicly.

They've made their money, and they've created some of the most powerful, memorable and joyous popular music to ever come out of Britain. But they wouldn't be anywhere near where they are if it wasn't for us - make no mistake, my friends.

Let us know the score, gentlemen. Frankly we would respect you more and would be far happier "that it happened". If you're going out, do it with integrity and decency for your fans.

Frankly, we fucking deserve it.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: We NEED to know the score, Ian John Mani & Reni!!! - me on Jun 28, 2017, 12:46 AM
    1. Re: We NEED to know the score, Ian John Mani & Reni!!! - Buda on Jun 28, 2017, 1:00 AM

2. Re: We NEED to know the score, Ian John Mani & Reni!!! - Martin Clunes on Jun 28, 2017, 10:53 AM
    1. Re: We NEED to know the score, Ian John Mani & Reni!!! - Hebongsthezylophone on Jun 28, 2017, 5:09 PM

3. Re: We NEED to know the score, Ian John Mani & Reni!!! - BOON on Jun 28, 2017, 8:45 PM
    1. Re: We NEED to know the score, Ian John Mani & Reni!!! - Me on Jun 28, 2017, 10:50 PM

Find more forums on Alternative and RockCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement