You are in > ON TOPIC

Return to Index  

Re: How long til IBs first single?

July 6 2017 at 10:32 AM
G  (no login)

Response to How long til IBs first single?

Personally, I'd be far more interested in a live document of the reunion. For all the flack they've received from certain sections of their fan base for carrying on beyond 2012 without producing an album to justify it, the one thing they did do is polish up that set to the point where their playing matched & probably superseded any previous stage of their career.
To some ears, Squire had the wrong guitar & guitar parts for some of the songs & Reni had lost his swing & sleight of hand of yesteryear, & maybe that was the case for a large portion of the comeback shows. But listening to the majority of the gigs from 2016 onwards reveals supremely confidant & fluid players. Even when experienced through the prism of a shitty bootleg. What someone like Leckie could do with all that live material is anyone's guess but I bet it'd be pretty special & would finally put an end to the spurious nonsense still doing the rounds that, live, the Roses were a bit shit.

Of course, it probably won't happen & it'll be another fucking missed opportunity.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: How long til IBs first single? - jim on Jul 7, 2017, 2:22 AM
    1. Re: How long til IBs first single? - G on Jul 7, 2017, 10:43 AM
      1. Re: How long til IBs first single? - Me on Jul 7, 2017, 8:59 PM

Find more forums on Alternative and RockCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement