You are in > ON TOPIC

Return to Index  

Re: The Roses made their choice

August 8 2017 at 10:35 PM

pumpo  (Login pumpo)
IAWS2

Response to Re: The Roses made their choice

Individual work ethics aren't the same thing as a collective work ethic though.

It's hard to know: what we've heard haven't set the world on fire and apparently Reni wasn't into them.

Perhaps Reni viewed AFO and BT as being turds that wouldn't benefit from polishing. He's not a songwriter, but he knows what he likes, maybe?

Mani, I think, would go along with more or less anything they did. I suspect Brown would too. Squire? Who knows?

They don't agree on much, musically, or so it appears.

Maybe it's a shame, maybe it's for the best. Either way, this is what we're getting.

In terms of 'work', isn't it often the case that the things that people pore over tends to not be as good as that which suddenly appears fully formed from nowhere.

'Not Guilty', the George Harrison song (not) on the White Album had More work than anything, except possibly Ob-La-Di ( yeah, again...). Nowhere Man just came to Lennon, more or less fully formed. I'm. It saying Nowhere Man is the best thing in the world - although I do like it a lot - but it's better than Not Guilty or Ob-La-bastard-Di.

On the other hand, Strawberry Fields Forever is better than all of those three songs put together, and that was a right pain in the arse to get right. Even then Lennon didn't like it.

Work? Maybe not the answer. Not always, anyway.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: The Roses made their choice - G on Aug 9, 2017, 2:05 AM
Find more forums on Alternative and RockCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement