Re: Snail paceAugust 8 2017 at 10:55 PM
pumpo (Login pumpo)
Response to Snail pace
I think the court case did set them back, but probably more than it should have.
They couldn't have recorded anything professionally - officially - but they could have written songs and probably recorded at least demos on the quiet. Instead, they buggered about. I've said before, probably because they were too old when at that point. Families, kids, moving apart mentally and physically. And musically.
Given that Reni isn't really part of the newer recordings, they must either be all they have, or the best of what they have.
They can't do any better than those at the moment, or they would have. Whether they could have tried harder - I don't know, but I think they've said everything they have to say and played what they have to play.
I expect something further will happen, if the rumours are true, without Reni. I'm not holding my breath and I'm not expecting any hot shit.
Fair dos, The Stone Roses lp and the records around 88-89 are astonishing. They lost something after that - integrity, to some extent, in my opinion - and it tends not to come back.
They didn't have the songs in 2013 either.
- Re: Snail pace - Stella on Aug 8, 2017, 11:28 PM
- Re: Snail pace - pumpo on Aug 9, 2017, 2:22 AM
- Re: Snail pace - Resident half wit on Aug 9, 2017, 5:45 AM
- Re: Snail pace - Stella on Aug 9, 2017, 8:13 AM
- Re: Snail pace - pumpo on Aug 9, 2017, 11:13 AM
- Re: Snail pace - Resident half wit on Aug 9, 2017, 4:28 PM
- If only things had have been different - Zzz on Aug 9, 2017, 6:40 PM