You are in > ON TOPIC

Return to Index  

Re: Ian Brown to support LG at Finsbury park

November 11 2017 at 9:04 PM

pumpo  (Login pumpo)
IAWS2

Response to Re: Ian Brown to support LG at Finsbury park

I like Keith Moon as well. The right drummer for the right band, I suppose. I played with a drummer who thought Moonie was the best drummer ever, and he was all over the snare, all of the time. I thought Moon was more about the kick drum, myself.

I'd never heard of Lombardo - I had to look him up, never having been through a metal phase, myself. Nah, I don't like it. I suppose it takes skill, doing that, but ultimately, I don't give a shit really.

The Headmaster Ritual? I like the idea of it more than I like the execution. I like it more than I like Barbarism begins at home, with that fucking jazz funk shit bass line that Marr loves so much. Mind you, have you seen them doing it live? Marr with his jumper tied round his waist, dancing with Moz. I wasn't into that. A bit Haircut 100 for me.

I like HOH probably best, but I do prefer the single version of This Charming Man. It's interesting to see how it developed.

John Porter was the best producer they had, in my mind. The Steven Street stuff isn't horrible, but Porter's the one who made the best records, if you ask me. Pity Moz couldn't stand him being mates with Marr.

This message has been edited by pumpo on Nov 11, 2017 9:11 PM

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Alternative and RockCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement