May 26 2011 at 6:35 AM
Calced  (no login)

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
stella
(no login)

Re: Shaun on reformation.

May 26 2011, 9:08 AM 

Possibly the most wide of the mark comment on the Stone Roses?

Respond to this message   
stella
(no login)

Re: Shaun on reformation.

May 27 2011, 8:24 AM 

Ryder does have a point on momey though...based on Browns solo career and when he got married etc he will be in for a fleecing.

Any news on his next LP?

Respond to this message   
T
(no login)

?

May 28 2011, 1:06 PM 

Why is it wide of the mark? seems pretty accurate to me. If Ians wife has taken half then it will be a pretty sum, imagine how many gigs and festival appearances Brown has done since going solo, he woulda made an absolute packet from all that. I know how much he got for doing V and glasto all those times and its a nice wedge trust me.

Respond to this message   
stella
(no login)

Re: ?

May 28 2011, 3:39 PM 

If he needed the money - which even after his ex has rinsed him he wont - surely he would be better off doing solo gigs than Roses ones anyhow....getting a quarter is not as good as the full lot remember...plus I doubt Ian would reform the Roses for money, that is as wide of the mark as I could envisage.

Fair play though - he met or married his missus at the start of the solo years so she will surely have every penny she can get plus more - Ray Parlour stylee!

Respond to this message   
U
(no login)

Re: ?

May 28 2011, 6:24 PM 

John's obviously in it for the money selling his art at those pieces and selling them on the back of his rep as a stone rose. Without this platform I doubt he would of sold much.

Mani seems to DJ to top up his income. Doubt he gets publishing rights for primal scream records etc.

Reni gets by from the rent on the props he has but hasn't had a paid job since leaving the roses and has a few mouths to fee, so I think they would be persuaded.

Ian...i doubt a year ago he would have thought he would be divorced, living back in manchester and talking to John. Time changes everything.

Respond to this message   
OH RLY
(no login)

OH RLY

May 18 2017, 2:36 PM 

OH RLY

Respond to this message   
Stella
(no login)

Re: OH RLY

May 18 2017, 4:03 PM 

Ha good find, six years have flown by!

Hmm in it for the money? They could easily have put a covers or a live lp out, plus a dvd etc.

I honestly believe in 2011 that they'd tour a new lp to be released before HP and wouldn't play any old stuff! 😂

Respond to this message   
David
(no login)

no money in lp and dvd

May 19 2017, 9:33 AM 

they wouldn't make much from a live LP or live dvd, because only the hard core would buy it...hence why they never bothered with HP DVD

Respond to this message   
IB
(no login)

"There is always truth in what Shaun Ryder says"

May 19 2017, 9:56 AM 

Possible the most honest quote from the reunion press conference!?

Respond to this message   
Yes, rly
(no login)

OH RLY

May 20 2017, 10:47 PM 

Exactly.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Alternative and RockCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement