You are in > ON TOPIC

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

John

June 25 2017 at 8:16 PM
div  (no login)

John's the one I'm most intrigued about. Mani will continue doing something (maybe with Ian - not sure Simone will just make way for him in Primal Scream?) and Reni will presumably drift away. But I wonder if John has caught the bug again or if he'll slip away again. I'd still love to hear what a properly co-written Brown/Squire would sound like.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
stiv
(no login)

primal scream

June 25 2017, 8:55 PM 

primal scream had reverted back to a studio project with mani sidelined as a live band member. amongst the usual we love each other/brother comments, there was some friction re creative input. i'm sure he'd love a reliable gig though happy.gif their current bass player while easy on the eye is a bit of non entity. then again, they're all fully wedged up now though so the motivation won't be that strong for a long long time except ian probably. i think john would struggle returning to art and i don't really see him doing anything musical although of course he should!

despite ian's on stage comments, i bet there won't be an official announcement and they'll manage to drag themselves up on stage together in another 5 or 10 years.

Respond to this message   
dunc
(no login)

No official announcement...

June 25 2017, 9:39 PM 

Indeed. Probably all will go quiet, then in three years time a few lemons will start popping up over Runcorn and the next thing you know they're playing at a stadium in a city near you.

Until then...

Respond to this message   
stiv
(no login)

funnily enough

June 25 2017, 9:50 PM 

https://twitter.com/claretcleggy/status/879009581694955520

john squire says last gig "for now"

so essentially, ian's temper got the better of him again and he couldn't keep his mouth shut in glasgow. probably some cross words after that happy.gif no way there won't be more trips down memory lane in the future.

Respond to this message   
The canuck
(no login)

Re: funnily enough

June 25 2017, 10:21 PM 

John also told me he'd tour Canada in March after he released his first solo album. I don't believe anything that comes out of them. It was a great run of shows, at least we got that! happy.gif

Dan

Respond to this message   
stiv
(no login)

June 25 2017, 11:26 PM 

rumours were around about ian and reni last year. they have it them to play multi-million pound gigs when they hate each other. funny that. this sucker should have been closed down a couple of years ago, but they couldn't stop themselves. they'll be back for the money, don't you worry happy.gif this reunion didn't had less credibility that the pistols reforming for the filthy lucre tour - they were at least honest and upfront!

Respond to this message   
Martin Clunes
(no login)

June 26 2017, 10:29 AM 

Ian, John and Mani were on the main floor dressing room at a Hampden, whilst Reni was up on level 4 at the TV studio area, using that as a dressing room. There's also been large arguments over money with Reni and Ian. Not sure how that one works though?!!

Respond to this message   
JoJ
(no login)

Heard a rumour

June 26 2017, 9:15 PM 

Mani's joining New Order

Respond to this message   
jim
(no login)

Re: Heard a rumour

June 27 2017, 3:11 AM 

Ewww. New Order is fine but not a good fit for our Mani

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Alternative and RockCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement