You are in > ON TOPIC

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

We NEED to know the score, Ian John Mani & Reni!!!

June 27 2017 at 11:27 PM
BOON  (no login)

I feel, as fans of TSR, we need to know where we stand.

Whilst the greatest hits tours were getting tiresome (mostly due to the lack of new music - AFO and BT were ok - well, the latter anyway), I think the band owe us some kind of statement. We have given quite a lot to that band. Financially or otherwise.

When they last imploded after Reading '96, the band were officially dissolved via a statement that October.

Well, fuck that! They came back on the scene in 2011 with promises to "shake up the world", and for the summer of 2012, they were literally the hottest ticket (God, I hate that term) worldwide. The Shane Meadows documentary, whilst somewhat myopic, cemented them into "legendary" status for those who were previously unaware of the magic these four men possess when they play music together.

If last weekend's gig was the final one, then we need to know. Not meeting John Squire at a petrol station only to be told these were the last gigs "for now", whilst Ian drops far stronger hints for the Roses' demise publicly.

They've made their money, and they've created some of the most powerful, memorable and joyous popular music to ever come out of Britain. But they wouldn't be anywhere near where they are if it wasn't for us - make no mistake, my friends.

Let us know the score, gentlemen. Frankly we would respect you more and would be far happier "that it happened". If you're going out, do it with integrity and decency for your fans.

Frankly, we fucking deserve it.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
me
(no login)

Re: We NEED to know the score, Ian John Mani & Reni!!!

June 28 2017, 12:46 AM 

Ian told me at Leeds to consider these to be their last gigs.
I believe this to be something fresh, meaning, Ian's attitude since Wembley is that of a
Fresh open wound, I'm not saying that there wasn't problems before that but, possibly something new as well.

The facts...
Ian kinda stating it's their last gigs.
Ian saying, "you've no idea how hard I've worked to keep this band together"
Ian walking off stage and coming on at the opposite side.
No Reni hugs.
Reni staying in another hotel.
Ian playing bongos over Reni's solo and blocking his view.
Lack of backing Vocals.

It doesn't sound good and the fact that they've all gone home and are unlikely to be spending time together, at least not
Ian & Reni, which means the chances of mending are slim.
its a shame, Ian originally being the one who was preventing their reformation to begin with, seems to be the one who
Cares most about keeping them together.

I don't want Ian to go solo, tbh, I'd rather a new album without Reni.
If not, I'd be happy to go and see them every year playing the same tunes as it's a bloody good day out regardless, what else is there? I'd rather see them than not!

Respond to this message   
Buda
(no login)

June 28 2017, 1:00 AM 

hope they sort out their problems and come back with new stuff

Respond to this message   
Martin Clunes
(no login)

June 28 2017, 10:53 AM 

'Oh mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head'.

It's over, there won't be a statement, anything. Just finger pointing from behind the safety of solo material.

Respond to this message   
Hebongsthezylophone
(no login)

June 28 2017, 5:09 PM 

Hopefully mani, John and Ian put together a new album and not just a guest appearance on 1 or 2 brownie solo songs making you wish what could've been a great third album even without reni it could be brilliant in the studio and live

Respond to this message   
BOON
(no login)

June 28 2017, 8:45 PM 

"Don't be sad it's over. Be happy it happened."

Any video footage of IB saying this?

Respond to this message   
Me
(no login)

June 28 2017, 10:50 PM 

Yes

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Alternative and RockCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement