You are in > ON TOPIC

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

some perspective

July 4 2017 at 2:49 PM
stiv  (no login)

this has been posted on here before, but i feel it can't hurt to repeat it happy.gif certain people at the time reckoned/lied that ian was joking on stage and that these posts were bogus.

this is mani posting in the comments section on the louder than words report on the amsterdam gig at about 4am

What a totally unproffesional cunt !. He’s left me and ian and john hanging out to dry like we were never nowt to him. A bad error of judgement ?… I’m not sure. Oh, and by the way, yes ,it is me, and I’ll meet you on any red rec and kick your cunt in you fucking disrespectful cunt. How fucking dare you .this is mani your rhythm partner, ( remember me,the one who’s got your back you total cunt). I want to fucking kill you , knobhead. You treat me like this ?????. Dick

Didnt mean it, knee jerk reaction was it ??????. I’ve never been so violated or humiliated in my fucking life. I’m ashamed to be associated with you, and I’ll say it on this forum, I’m front of the world, because I didnt even get an apology or explanation off you on my phone yet !!!! Who are you ?.. Fucking paranoid no mark…. How fucking dare you, and try me on live in the morning if you think this ain’t me… I’ve had your back since ’89… And this is how you repay me ??????. Im not sorry either.

and mani then amazingly came across these comments a mere 10 mins later at 4 in the morning to clear things up! lol

Hmmmmmm, very cunningbbitnofvhacking really. It’s not that difficult is it…. Anyway,the only way to deal with this scenario ir give it the hacked no comment it truly deserves…. You lot don’t really unretstand shit. Xxx the real mani Mounfield

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
stiv
(no login)

paranoid no mark

July 4 2017, 2:53 PM 

so yeah - even that early on they fucking hated each other. but the brave little soldiers somehow managed to keep it together for several more million pound grossing gigs. how did they manage? happy.gif

i wonder though, did mani get to kick reni in the cunt or what?

Respond to this message   
Chilly
(no login)

Re: paranoid no mark

July 5 2017, 6:56 PM 

Amsterdam was a great gig, I'm not joking it was. You don't believe me? Ok get all your negative vibes out I can take it, ya cunts

Respond to this message   
Will
(no login)

July 5 2017, 10:16 PM 

Fools gold from Amsterdam is probably my most listened to reunion performance. Ian was slightly rough at times but the band were great that night.

I agree with whoever said that Ian and Mani's reactions to Reni leaving early seem way OTT. I guess they give a good insight into the tensions that ALREADY existed even at that very early point. For example, imagine if squire had done the same thing - do you think Ian would have come back on to say the guitarist's a c**t?

Respond to this message   
stiv
(no login)

July 5 2017, 11:22 PM 

i think mani's post basically shows he doesn't have reni's back at all. ian's outburst and mani's post show that reni was right to be paranoid, no? essentially they were all faking it for the dough. the hugs at the end of each gig always seemed a bit phony, a bit showbiz. at the glasgow gig, mani was even laughing with his roadie at ian trying to sabotage reni's intro to resurrection.

but all this brings into question - when the roses originally split, why was ian seemingly keen to big up his friendship with reni and lay all the blame at squire's door? weird shit.

Respond to this message   
G
(no login)

July 6 2017, 1:21 AM 

I'd imagine that IB is someone with a keen sense of betrayal. The bitterness he felt for Squire, his once close friend, effectively leaving the group - & Brown - for dead, would've probably completely subsumed any anger towards Reni.
Back then, anyway. Forward wind 2 decades & with most of that bitterness gone, Reni once again became the issue. And, by the sounds of it, not just with Brown.

Respond to this message   
DC
(no login)

this sounds very plausable G

July 6 2017, 1:33 PM 

to me at least - who knows next to nothing (in life as well)

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Alternative and RockCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement