You are in > ON TOPIC

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

How long til IBs first single?

July 6 2017 at 3:15 AM
Jim  (no login)

I'm thinking Ian is gonna shoot for a Xmas #1 just to take the piss.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

cheekymonkey
(Login chipsandrice)
IAWS2

Re: How long til IBs first single?

July 6 2017, 6:42 AM 

I'd take a guess at a lot earlier than that

Respond to this message   
G
(no login)

July 6 2017, 10:32 AM 

Personally, I'd be far more interested in a live document of the reunion. For all the flack they've received from certain sections of their fan base for carrying on beyond 2012 without producing an album to justify it, the one thing they did do is polish up that set to the point where their playing matched & probably superseded any previous stage of their career.
To some ears, Squire had the wrong guitar & guitar parts for some of the songs & Reni had lost his swing & sleight of hand of yesteryear, & maybe that was the case for a large portion of the comeback shows. But listening to the majority of the gigs from 2016 onwards reveals supremely confidant & fluid players. Even when experienced through the prism of a shitty bootleg. What someone like Leckie could do with all that live material is anyone's guess but I bet it'd be pretty special & would finally put an end to the spurious nonsense still doing the rounds that, live, the Roses were a bit shit.

Of course, it probably won't happen & it'll be another fucking missed opportunity.

Respond to this message   
jim
(no login)

July 7 2017, 2:22 AM 

Feel like they would have filmed Wembley if that was the case

Respond to this message   
G
(no login)

July 7 2017, 10:43 AM 

I'd be happy with a live album.
A DVD of a single filmed concert wouldn't allow for the cherry picking of individual songs from the myriad of performances on offer - a bit of a necessity bearing in mind Ian's hit & miss vocals.
There is the filmed footage of Heaton - & by all means bring that out - but they hadn't hit their stride by that point in terms of their performance (particularly Squire) or in terms of the songs they were later to include; both BIH & BY are absolute musts on any live release.

Respond to this message   
Me
(no login)

July 7 2017, 8:59 PM 

I've heard his stuff is already done & just needs the drums recorded wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Inside scoop of secret knowledge
(no login)

July 8 2017, 12:00 PM 

E.P. "Born to Win" backed with 3 non album tracks, "Sun still shining" , Soul Sucker", "(Leave the) Bad vibes behind"

Album to follow... "One Rose will Reign"

Respond to this message   
Grot Bags
(no login)

July 8 2017, 1:38 PM 

You bloody liar

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Alternative and RockCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement