You are in > ON TOPIC

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

The Boneflowers

September 13 2017 at 1:17 PM
Tony White  (no login)

Heard from a guy who works in Vinyl Revival that Liam, Bonehead, John, Mani and Zak Starkey have formed a new band called The Boneflowers. Apparently they have eight or nine tracks demoed, some of which were written during when the Roses were together and some of which are Liam compositions. Plan is to release an album and tour next year once Liam’s solo stuff has settled down. They’ve asked Mark Ronson to produce the album as they want a bit of a contemporary pop feel to the tunes. They will also I’m told play a few Roses and Oasis classics at the shows.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Seems legit
(no login)

Re: The Boneflowers

September 13 2017, 1:28 PM 

I also heard this in my trendy local public toilets Vinyl Urinal. Best 20p I ever spent

Respond to this message   
Tony Le Messmer
(no login)

September 13 2017, 7:01 PM 

Vinyl Urinal - that's the best thing I've ever seen on this forum.

Respond to this message   
Jim
(no login)

September 14 2017, 2:14 AM 

How to use this form:

I heard from a guy who [something that is only slightly relevant to the Stone Roses] that John, Mani and [a few random other musicians] have formed a band called [slight pun on the Roses name]

Example:
I heard from a guy who does a lot of cocaine, and I do mean a lot, that John, Mani, Slash, Jason Bonham and Lenny Kravitz have formed a new band called Deflowered.

Respond to this message   
Mandrake
(no login)

September 14 2017, 9:07 AM 

Yeah, was smoking a spliff of spice at some charity do for celebrity poseurs and the guy who was drooling on the floor next to me said he works for SJM and had heard that Ian Mani James Lavelle and Kendrick Lamar had started a group called The Concrete Wallflowers.

Expect a single called frrrngggaaadsppht. At least, I think that's what I thought he said.

Respond to this message   
Alan McCarroll
(no login)

September 14 2017, 1:30 PM 

I can confirm Tony’s post and can actually expand on it. The album will be out next April, it’s provisionally titled “This, That And The Other”.

Tracks include “Mantis”, “English Electric Lightning”, “Mr Shy Talk”, “This That And The Other” (Liam tune), “Be Happy That it Happened”, “Hammer & Tongs” (Liam tune), “Sucking Lemons Again”, a re-vamped version of “Heart On The Staves”, “Glorious” and “Big James” (Liam tune)

Respond to this message   
Nigel Ipinson
(no login)

September 14 2017, 1:33 PM 

Interesting to see “Mantis” make the cut, as I know or a fact Ian has done a version for his solo record, the version that features me on keyboards.

Respond to this message   
Jim
(no login)

Mantis

September 14 2017, 7:59 PM 

This song will be the Four Horsemen/Mechanix of the IB/JS bands with each taking a shot at it.

Respond to this message   
Woken giant
(no login)

Re: Mantis

September 15 2017, 2:40 AM 

Any truth in the rumour that "wake up world" will be the b side of the debut single, mantis?

Respond to this message   
Tony White
(no login)

September 17 2017, 4:36 PM 

"Wake Up The World" was written solely by Brown, I understand that will be on his solo record.

Respond to this message   
Alan McCarroll
(no login)

September 17 2017, 5:05 PM 

Tony, a guy on twitter has posted what he says is the album artwork for the debut LP- can you check and see if this is legit?

https://twitter.com/OfficialBartin/status/909445366482968577

Respond to this message   
Tony White
(no login)

September 17 2017, 5:07 PM 

Was shown that a while back by Zak Starkey. Interesting this guy has gotten a hold of it, only a few folk had seen it.

Respond to this message   
Dom
(no login)

September 17 2017, 5:46 PM 

It's gone now, did anyone save it? Or can you describe it please???

Respond to this message   
Jim
(no login)

Here's the picture

September 18 2017, 4:10 AM 

Respond to this message   
Gerald Evans
(no login)

September 17 2017, 9:37 PM 

I also heard about this, my mates missus' and Starkeys are best of pals, sent him that LP cover and awaiting confirmation on its geniunism. I've heard "Big James" is a standout on the record, I look forward to it!

Respond to this message   
Stella
(no login)

???

September 17 2017, 10:02 PM 

A full thread replying to oneself?

👏

Respond to this message   
Eugene Euphonium
(no login)

Anyone else feel relieved?

September 18 2017, 10:30 AM 

I've heard there's already disharmony in The Boneflowers camp. My wife is friends with Cressa's fishmonger and, as well as telling her about how skate genitals look very similar to human genitals, he also told her that there was an incident between Cressa and Zak Starkey involving Pliers. Not the tool - pliers - but the vibes man - Pliers - who used to perform with Chaka Demus. Starkey wanted Pliers to replace Cressa so the band could infuse a new track - "The Peach and Giant James" - with more of a Reggae/Dancehall sound. If this is the end of The Boneflowers, I, for one, will be relieved it's all over.

Respond to this message   
Disappointed
(no login)

Over before it started

September 18 2017, 10:38 AM 

I'm absolutely sick of this. Everywhere I read online there seems to be relief that we're not getting any new kicks. This new collaboration had a real good feel about it. You can't deny the talent, and it would've been great for actress to twiddling the knobs again.

I think I know my brass instruments too, so that didn't pass me by. Typical of you

Respond to this message   
Disappointed
(no login)

Re: Over before it started

September 18 2017, 10:39 AM 

I'm so angry I didn't even check for typos, work it out

Respond to this message   
Stone bones
(no login)

Re: Over before it started

September 18 2017, 6:19 PM 

Hopefully we will at least get to hear the demos even if it's not officially released. The bones would have been amazing live, shame we won't get the chance to see em. Would be nice if one of the band would at least comment /confirm the situation to us potential fans of this potentially awesome band sad.gif

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Alternative and RockCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement