You are in > ON TOPIC

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

As you were building the moon....

October 11 2017 at 11:28 PM
Mancunian Man  (no login)

Undecided me.

I was team Noel but, I’m gradually leaning towards team LG now!

Can we have a quick poll, a simple NG or LG will suffice.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
thoughts
(no login)

Re: As you were building the moon....

October 12 2017, 12:08 AM 

This is pretty terrific though

https://youtu.be/WRplVmpZCa8

Respond to this message   
DC
(no login)

equal

October 12 2017, 12:47 PM 

equally shite.

Respond to this message   
Stella
(no login)

Re: equal

October 12 2017, 9:46 PM 

Like two turds slipping down the pan - utter cack for people who don't get music (ironically believing they do).

0/10...although that said, I think NG cover sleeve art is ace 👍

Respond to this message   
thought bubble
(no login)

October 12 2017, 10:20 PM 

Havent heard either album, it was the visuals to which I referred, which are spectacular.

Lack of any music from certain other mancunians...thats the problem. No sign of it any time soon either, it would seem.

Respond to this message   
Ian John mani Reni
(no login)

October 13 2017, 1:01 AM 

Let’s face it the roses conceded defeat to oasis in 1994. They ad not written anything decent since 1989 and oasis took over and it’s been like that ever since. For a while we deluded ourselves, and recently we thought they could surprise us with new material but it was just cash they wanted really and they left confirming defeat to oasis once again.

Respond to this message   
G
(no login)

October 13 2017, 2:52 PM 

Creatively, Oasis surpassed the Roses in one area - prolificacy. But four albums of shite is still shite. Good Times is almost unlistenable but I'd rather stick that on than than the one dimensional sub-Kinks/Who/Beatles garbage that followed DM, simply because it's more interesting.

Respond to this message   
Stella
(no login)

October 13 2017, 3:54 PM 

2017 - who's better Blur or Oasis? Hahaha Christ!

Respond to this message   
Jim
(no login)

October 15 2017, 11:06 PM 

Did you just say that Morning Glory was shit?

Respond to this message   
G
(no login)

October 16 2017, 9:30 AM 

The absolute pits, Jim.

Respond to this message   

pumpo
(Login pumpo)
IAWS2

October 13 2017, 4:40 PM 

I quite like Liam's album. A bit pedestrian for sure, but there's some nice melodies and some good changes. Not the best thing in the world, but Paper Crown wipes the floor with either of The Roses' comeback singles.

Noel's single sounds like Wizzard covering the theme from Some Mothers Do Have 'em.

This message has been edited by pumpo on Oct 13, 2017 4:45 PM

Respond to this message   
Polly
(no login)

October 13 2017, 6:20 PM 

Paper crown is an anthem. Pisses in anything the stone roses did during their reunion lol

Actually most of as you were pisses on the roses reunion, it shouldn’t be that way and I can’t get my head around why it is but that is the situation. Ian Brown May think going solo will be the answer but there is no way, not a chance in hell that he will achieve anything by doing that. The stone roses could produce something magical but they won’t, they are underachievers and they don’t want it enough. Sad sad sad

Respond to this message   
Lemonade man
(no login)

October 15 2017, 1:52 PM 

Funny that just like in 94 when Oasis arrived on the scene and the Roses were heading in the opposite direction the same has happened again. The Roses seem to have not had enough balls to finish what they started and the Gallaghers are coming on strong again. Say what you like about them but the Gallaghers were never afraid to go for it.

Respond to this message   
As I am
(no login)

October 15 2017, 8:01 PM 

The Gallagher are confident and have been more successful, hard to believe Liam was supporting for Heaton Park in 2012. Since then he had a decent album with Beady eye, and now an even better album with As you were. Never thought I’d see the day when Liam Gallagher was writing more (and better) songs than John squire or Ian Brown l!!! Should have known it though. Squires best seahorses tune was a throwaway tune written by LG....fact!

Respond to this message   
David
(no login)

liam didnt write Paper crown

October 16 2017, 11:45 AM 

liam didnt write Paper crown though ...haha

Respond to this message   

pumpo
(Login pumpo)
IAWS2

Re: liam didnt write Paper crown

October 16 2017, 5:37 PM 

So what?

A man has to know his limitations, as Dirty Harry once said. Liam apparently knows his. Based on AFO and BT, I'm not convinced that The Roses do.

Out of those two, one of them's recently put out a record that I've quite enjoyed and the other hasn't.

Maybe The Roses might have benefitted from a bit of outside input, if AFO and BT are the best they can manage?

This message has been edited by pumpo on Oct 16, 2017 5:51 PM

Respond to this message   
idlejournoitis
(no login)

She bangs - ricky martin

October 16 2017, 7:18 PM 

Crossed with gary glitter noels new effort

Respond to this message   
stiv
(no login)

October 16 2017, 8:48 PM 

thought you were a big solo brown fans? the 2 new roses tunes were both written by brown - one just had a recycled seahorses riff bolted on.

Respond to this message   
As I was
(no login)

October 16 2017, 9:47 PM 

Maybe Liam could get John Squire and Ian brown to help write a few tunes, johns last effort with Liam “love me and leave me” was one of Johns best written songs in the last 20 years! I’m not sure he could do much better than those who helped LG out though, they deserve credit for their work as it is better than a lot of oasis songs too in my opinion!!!

How many songs did Ian Brown actually write on his own? He always gave credit to any others who helped write his tunes. To be fair to LG, he has co-written an album that is arguably better than any Ian Brown album including his “greatest” !!!

Respond to this message   
G
(no login)

October 17 2017, 12:41 PM 

To be fair, the Roses might have benefited from a bit of inside input if the Reni no-show rumours are true. Not to mention that possibly both tunes, & certainly BT, sound like they're effectively Brown solo efforts.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Alternative and RockCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement