<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Any Marshall Isand Survivors out there?

September 10 2004 at 9:54 PM
No score for this post
  (no login)
from IP address 152.163.100.71

Jan31 and Feb1 1944 My grandfather Fred B. Penninger 4 24th com B I am still seeking anyone who may have known him..... I would love to hear from any of you who left California heading into the pacific and then getting your plans for operation Flintlock.... I know my grandfather's plattoon were had never been in action... I know there was some mess ups with them getting on the island... he was killed on Namur Feb.1 I believe he was injured the night before but stayed with his guys. I know there was some confusion as to his name on the Muster Roll. I believe he was a sargeant..... some of the names on the pictures are Bud, Joe, pictures of them laying down in the grass in California short before shipping out for operation Flintlock... please... if you know of anyone I could talk to I would so appreciate it.... My Mother and I would love to go to some of the events honoring our Soldiers, Vets, and the KIA...

jamie milner

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Any Marshall Isand Survivors out there?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on U.S. Marine CorpsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Gunny G's Archives
Articles, Stories, Etc.