Return to Index  

Post on emergency surgery and prayers needed (m/c and somewhat graphic)

September 25 2010 at 12:29 PM
Getinmybelly  (Login Getinmybelly)

Response to One of our board sisters, Margolis, is in tremendous pain (loss mentioned)

Link
http://www.network54.com/Forum/247611/thread/1285370840/prayers+needed+for+Margolis-
---------
I apologize that my last update was not clear. She was contracting but not heavily. She was hoping to avoid a D & C. She said that things felt surreal. I was running a few errands and then was on my way to the hospital with flowers and a card. I called to tell her I was a bit late and a friend of hers answered. She had been taken to surgery.

I just got back from the hospital. Margolis is in critical condition. She delivered the baby (was able to hold him) but started hemorrhaging when the placenta had to be delivered. She was in surgery for more than five hours. They had to do an emergency hysterectomy. She has lost most of her blood and they could not get it to clot.

She had listed two friends as emergency contacts - one of those friends has known her for a long time and knows her family. He called her brother. Her parents and family are on their way right now.

She is in ICU on a ventilator for now. The bleeding has stopped and she is clotting a little bit. I saw her on the way- she looked so small on that gurney.

Her friend is taking our flowers to her parents hotel room.

Her RE talked to her surgeon- he really likes her. I have been very discreet about things so as to protect her privacy.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement