Return to Index  

yes good point and in addition

October 27 2010 at 1:27 PM
W  (no login)

Response to Barge- I thought Microarray PGD tested all 23 pairs?

to the financial consideration of long term storage of embryos that might be abnormal, is the emotional burden. if one believes all of their stored embryos are normal and could lead to live births (when in fact they were not), that could potentially be very stressful and troublesome in making a decision on what to do with them when finished ttc. with this testing, that possible situation is eliminated. I have also thought even beyond that, if a couple did do the testing, and did have a surplus of normal embryos and had completed their family building, if they did decide to donate those leftover normal embryos....what a huge benefit that would be do the recipient of that donation to have that information about the embryos. I would think that would make embryo donation an even more desirable choice for some. and also, the testing would do wonders, if it became, becomes, a 'standard of care' in all IVF, for the burden of excessive embryo storage. likely today, a good percentage of stored embryos are in fact abnormal, costing IF couples a lot of extra money better spent/saved elsewhere.

W

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. And the heartbreak - This is it! on Oct 28, 2010
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement