Return to Index  

I have been guilty of something similar (children mentioned)

November 8 2010 at 10:22 PM
  (Login Blessed_Thistle)

Response to How thoughtless and oblivious

When I found out it would be twins, all I could think is "WhathaveIdoneWhathaveIdoneWhathaveIdone?? I will never be able to meet their needs as I could for only one child. I will never be able to be the mother I dreamed of being. I am going to shortchange my babies. No matter how good I am, it won't be good enough." I am getting over that because at this point, my little ones and I simply have to play the hand we've been dealt and I have to be the best mommy I can be. I don't know how she presented her concerns, but maybe she is feeling something similar. (And yes, I was shocked to have such a visceral negative reaction to something I had worked so long and hard for...I know this is not really the appropriate board to dwell on any emotions like that - and really, I do not anymore - but wanted to share what thoughts she may be having. It could well be out of love for her current children and coming child that she is feeling ambivalent).

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. people get freaked out and overwhelmed when they are pregnant - Orchid on Nov 8
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement