Return to Index  

I think DC and KS answered many of your questions

November 9 2010 at 10:37 AM
Julie  (Login JuJules)

Response to Hi Julie, sent you a question below (thread 13)

I think the one thing I will clarify is that I am local -- I travelled from DC to FL when I was still cycling there at a clinic in FL but once we switched to SG I no longer had to travel. Interestingly, although I am local I think I actually saw an RE only in 1 additional instance vs. DC and KS. An RE was there for 1 of my lining checks but usually it was just a technician. I think SG has the highest numbers of IVF cycles in the country each year so they certainly have a system. They are very good at telling you exactly what you need to do -- they send things in writing. Furthermore, just as Ks said, if your nurse is not around there is somebody else that can answer your question. For me, once I got a donor, I no longer talked to the Donor Coordinator -- I think I bugged them so much that they finally just gave me a nurse early. Once I got assigned a nurse, she was really always there to help -- I had both email and phone access which was great vs. my old clinic where I did not have an assigned nurse and did not have email access.

DC and KS experience shows how they are soooo used to out of country and out of town. There are hotels right near the main SG office and you are not too far from the Metro. My office is actually only 1-2 miles from the main SG office which made my monitoring easy (but there are about 7-8 other SG locations in the DC area where I could have been monitored). Hope this helps -- and I think DC posted a great thread on SG. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Thanks Julie - Veesha on Nov 10
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement