Return to Index  

Worst morning- (p/gment m/sment) -all ok - ultrasound horror story!

November 10 2010 at 8:50 AM
movingforwardhappily!  (no login)

So I went to the hospital for my 7 week 2 day ultrasound today and all we could see was an empty sac with the remains of the embryo as the Dr said- no heartbeat. The ultrasound was done on the same machine as at 6 weeks when we clearly saw the heartbeat. The Dr said that was pretty much it and to think about d&c. Still to be 100% sure to get an ultrasound on a better machine but it was pretty clear in her mind that it was all over. We had to wait an hour and a half for the next ultrasound, me crying and DH trying to hold it together. Of course there was no where private to wait but in the cafe of the maternity ward. I thought it was all over and felt that was it.
We finally went for the 2nd ultrasound with two lovely female doctors my age and they didn't say anything but we could fee their growing excitement. They found the embryo and everything measures perfectly with a heart beat of 150 per minute. We were in shock. They said everything is perfect! After this experience I think I am not ready to move boards yet and hope I can hang out here a bit longer if that's ok!

So ladies, always get the 2nd ultrasound- they did say the first machine was fairly weak but it was weird that it had shown everything had shown ok at 6 weeks on same machine. Exhausting day but well all ends well.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Oh no! - Leigh888 on Nov 10
  3. what an ordeal - zane on Nov 10
  5. Oh My Goodness! - ks on Nov 10
  7. TG, and big hugs! (mc ment) - Kekona on Nov 10
  9. sry u had to go through this - anon on Nov 10
    1. Well they said they are waiting for a new machine - movingforwardhappily! on Nov 10

10. What a terrible thing to have happened! - Renata on Nov 10
  12. glad all is well x - jittyuk on Nov 10
  14. What a horrific experience! - Catherine on Nov 11
  16. OMG -- what a lesson! - Maggie in VA on Nov 12
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement