Return to Index  

well looks like we will be cycling early next year (adoption ment)

December 11 2010 at 7:44 AM
SAgirl  (Login brandygg)

Spoke to Dylan's birth mom and she is very keen to be a surrogate. I spent hours last night thinking things through and came to this conclusion. To do IUI is fairly reasonable cost wise here in SA, and if or when birth mom falls pregnant and we end up having to pay for the birth, at least we will have a baby in the end. If we go with egg donation from birth mom, that is going to cost quite a bit and there is still no guarantee that I will get a BFP. I don't think I could go through with the emotional pain of another BFN. Also I had brain surgery done 5 years ago with complications and although I am feeling great, I really don't want to tempt fate. So birth mom will carry the child and we will use donor sperm as dh has no sperm. I don't think we will even do a clomid cycle as she is very fertile and I don't want more than one if I can help it. This is all very exciting, but am waiting for my inheritance to come through.....my mom passed away from Alzheimer's in May.

Brandy
South Africa

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. sounds like a great plan - Orchid on Dec 11, 2010
    1. Re: sounds like a great plan - SAgirl on Dec 11, 2010
      1. well...people don't really remember pregnancy that well - Orchid on Dec 11, 2010
        1. Thanks! - SAgirl on Dec 11, 2010
          1. hah you won't need to take anything to sleep - Orchid on Dec 11, 2010
            1. lol good, but was meaning pregnancy :) nt - SAgirl on Dec 11, 2010
      2. And don't forget - Catherine on Dec 12, 2010
        1. suppose that is also a bonus - SAgirl on Dec 12, 2010

2. That's great - E&H on Dec 11, 2010
    1. Thanks - SAgirl on Dec 12, 2010

3. great plan; and re inducing lactiation; Vianna and I have done this... - lauranz on Dec 11, 2010
    1. Thanks so much. Will keep you in mind (nt) - SAgirl on Dec 12, 2010

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement