Return to Index  

well...people don't really remember pregnancy that well

December 11 2010 at 1:57 PM
Orchid  (Login arive)

Response to Re: sounds like a great plan

It's a nice experience but once you have the kid it fades a lot...so it doesn't lead to that many memories. I think it might actually be our brains kind of erase the experience.

You have little memories like--I couldn't eat X thing without vomiting...and they do remember the kicking in the stomach. But most of it is kind of a blur. The baby's first months though will be emblazoned on your mind. The 'baby event' wipes out the 'pregnancy event' for most people.

I guess it's like climbing Mt. Everest and you could say 'I did it.' But you get the good part--the baby! That's why everyone does it anyway.

May I be so bold as to make one suggestion? Consider artificially starting lactation? Breastfeeding is kind of cool. If you could do that, it would be a neat experience.

However, don't get too hung up on it as it doesn't work for everyone. I do think it is a more rewarding thing than pregnancy because you do it with the baby. A baby in pregnancy is kind of abstract in a weird way.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Thanks! - SAgirl on Dec 11, 2010
    1. hah you won't need to take anything to sleep - Orchid on Dec 11, 2010
      1. lol good, but was meaning pregnancy :) nt - SAgirl on Dec 11, 2010

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement