Return to Index  

NJ gal moving on to this board and jumping in with both feet!!!

December 28 2010 at 8:48 PM
Anonymous  (no login)

Hi Ladies! I am quite excited to be joining you on this board! Actually, can't quite believe my eyes.

After a long and vicious battle with high FSH and numerous unsuccessful treated cycles, I am moving on!!! I will post my stats and formal introduction in short time, but for right now...need some guidance on clinics.

I am in northern NJ, and fairly close to NYC. I am considering one of 3 clinics. Cooper in Marlton, NJ, Valley Hospital Fertility in Paramus, NJ and IRMS in Livingston, NJ.

Cooper has given me a quote in $9k (as in nine) range. Valley quoted in $20-30k range and works only with agencies. IRMS quoted approx. $22k and using in-house donor pool (although they will also work with agencies).

Since I do have insurance coverage for diagnostics (e.g. monitoring, mock cycle, etc.) I'd like to stick to covered REs/clinics given that there is BIG money involved here. But I have an HMO that is not widely available in my area, so therefore I am limited in my choices. In addition to the 3 choices noted above I could also use RMA-NJ or IVF-NJ, although I have not met with either of them for a DE consult.

A. I am hoping someone can provide guidance on the above clinics. Based on stats I think the "winner" is IRMS. I also really like the RE I met with. She was very down to earth, understood how difficult my battle has been.
B. Should I consider going the agency route, or is in-house better?
C. Am I being short-sighted in sticking with insurance-covered REs (although coverage is limited)? Should I cast a wider net and instead consider clinics that may be outside of my immediate area and come at a dramatically cheaper price without sacrificing donor quality?

Looking forward to interacting with you all!!

P.S. - I feel scared but hopeful. I just want to make the right choice about this very expensive option!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. my two cents...(success mentioned) - Anonymous on Dec 28, 2010
    1. Re: my two cents...(success mentioned) - Anonymous on Dec 28, 2010
    2. IVF-NJ - MaddiesMom on Dec 29, 2010
      1. do you mind sharing? - Anonymous on Dec 29, 2010
        1. Some more info... - MaddiesMom on Jan 2, 2011
          1. congrats! - Anonymous on Jan 3, 2011
            1. Hi again... - MaddiesMom on Jan 3, 2011
    3. do you mind sharing? - Anonymous on Dec 29, 2010

2. I live in California and went the very expensive route the first cycle. I did(child) - Kacee on Dec 29, 2010
    1. do you mind sharing? - Anonymous on Dec 29, 2010

3. question - Orchid on Dec 29, 2010
    1. response - Anonymous on Dec 29, 2010
      1. Cooper (pg/chem mention) - Anonymous on Dec 29, 2010
        1. how much did it cost? - Orchid on Dec 29, 2010
          1. Never know... - Anonymous on Jan 2, 2011

4. IVF-NJ - snowbank03 on Dec 29, 2010
    1. thank you - Anonymous on Dec 29, 2010

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement