Return to Index  

Frozen Donor Egg Study -- cycle costs 5k

December 29 2010 at 9:25 AM
Kekona  (Login Kekona)

I was just looking at assorted clinics in SC last week and yesterday I spoke to one of the new pt coordinators. Southeastern Fertility Centerhttp://www.sefertility.com/research.html is conducting a frozen donor egg study, and the cycle costs the IP $5k, not including IP's meds and dx testing. Age limit for IP is given as 50 on the website, although the coordinator told me 49. The donors are anon and under age 32. The clinic has excellent success rates.

Disclaimer: I am not their pt, although I've asked them to consider me. (I'm on the age cusp, and there are some other conditions I've asked them to meet.) And 10 years ago, I was very unhappy with their protocol for treating women in their 40s, so I didn't go to them for OE ivf.

So far, SFC has completed only 2 cycles within the clinical trial using the frozen donor eggs (vitrified, really), with 1 pg and 1 bfn, although apparently more are on-going.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. More info - pixie6 on Dec 29, 2010
    1. Mmmm, I don't think it sounds too good to be true . . . - Maggie in VA on Dec 29, 2010
      1. I Agree Maggie - ks on Dec 29, 2010
        1. ?? - Pixie6 on Dec 29, 2010
          1. Re: ?? - Anonymous on Dec 29, 2010
          2. Re: ?? - Anonymous on Dec 29, 2010
          3. Depends on the country . . . - Maggie in VA on Dec 29, 2010
            1. frosties at CNY - Kekona on Dec 30, 2010
    2. when I was a pt there - Kekona on Dec 29, 2010

2. I did not pay for either study in which I participated (success alluded to) - BlessedThistle on Dec 30, 2010
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement