Return to Index  

when I was a pt there

December 29 2010 at 7:23 PM
Kekona  (Login Kekona)

Response to More info

they prescribed clomid for me with no testing and no discussion of why it wasn't really great for a 41yo. I did 2 or 3 clomid cycles and had to learn why it was wrong for me on the internet. I really didn't appreciate that. Then I decided not to try ivf b/c in the years preceding 2001, they hadn't cycled any women over 40, according to SART stats. Later, I looked into them for a traditional, full-price split DE cycle, and when I broke down all the costs, it looked as if they were double-dipping on the monitoring for the ED. For instance, if monitoring a pt cost 2k, instead of charging each IP 1k, they charged each IP 2k. At least, that's how it appeared to me. I compared several kinds of cycles, including OE and DE, and it looked like they were making extra on the ED's monitoring.

The clinic is in Charleston, and they provide the eggs. I would have been willing to try it, but they called today and said I don't qualify -- too old.

I've done 2 fresh cycles at CNY. I don't remember how much my 2008 cycle cost. My 2010 cycle was just under 5k, cash, plus all meds and my monitoring (I'm out of town), plus travel and acupuncture. I might have spent close to 10k on the fresh cycle. I was interested in Southeastern b/c their fresh and frozen % are better than CNY, and I wouldn't have the travel hassle and expenses.

This message has been edited by Kekona on Dec 29, 2010 7:26 PM

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement