Return to Index  

It was not so hard for me for a number of reasons, I think (success ment)

February 2 2011 at 9:53 PM
BlessedThistle  (Login Blessed_Thistle)

Response to new here/emotional mess...

I will leave my ticker on so you can see my journey to motherhood (Cliff's Notes). I think what made it easy for me was that I was always open to building my family through avenues that did not include my genetic contribution. I was a foster mother for about a year to two children who ultimately returned home (and actually wanted to foster again down the road but for the time being, it is not feasible.) At the time, I was hoping fostering would lead to motherhood but I knew my kids were going to be reunified and supported that. When the opportunity presented itself to do an egg donor vitrification cycle with very low cycle related costs, I decided to give birthing my child another try. Another similar opportunity came along on the heels of the first failed cycle. By the time this cycle did not succeed, I was very interested in the prospect of donor embryos, which held more appeal than donor egg to me anyway. I've never looked at them and not seen them as actually mine. I could not have made children more perfect for me with my own eggs. I truly do bless the proverbial broken road that led me to my children (and suspect that ultimately you will as well).

----------------------------

The long and winding road to my children: 5 clomid IUI cycles, 5 natural IUI cycles, 7 injectable IUI cycles, 4 natural ICI cycles, 2 egg vitrification studies, 1 donor embryo cycle (success!), 3 HSGs, 2 SHGs, 3 hysteroscopies, 2 polypectomies, 1 endometrial biopsy, countless rendezvous with the DildoCam...I will spread my legs for anyone at this point! (disclaimer: the legs are officially staying closed from here on).

The third time is not the charm....the twenty-fourth time is.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement