your message put into words how I've felt. We just selcted a donor last weekend, made the first payment and am awaiting instructions for our first DE cycle. After many failed IUIs we were fortunate to have a beautiful little girl 3/3/09. Feeling elated that they finally figured out the right chemical cocktail tohave success I decided to wait some time before giving it another shot. With additional failed IUIs with increasingly larger doses of follistum (375 IU daily) and produced only 1 follicle came the news that I was in ovarian reserve (now 41) and there was only a 8-10% chance of IUI success. Like you, i was adamately against DE IVF because in my mind IUI with lots of meds was going to work - heck, it had before and I had my little girl to prove it! But when you hear the odds but know there is another option, how can you not want to take advantage of it?? Granted its a costly investment, but if there is a chance I can once again have a baby, give a sibling to Ava, how could I not find a way to try??? Because we'd prefer not many years between Ava and her sibling, and because there is a time where I just want to stop being a science experiment and not have to check the caledar before making plans to visit family, we are going into this committed to only 2 cycles and of course hoping that the first one is successful. I know many friends who have been successful with IVF, but know no one personally who have done DE IVF. Please wih us luck!