Return to Index  

Dixiechick Yes, I am number 3

February 11 2011 at 7:31 PM
Veesha  (no login)

Response to Barge to Veesha

in the split. I assumed that I would be as this is our first go at reproductive assistance. From what I can understand from this board and others, that many women try other means before they find their way to DE. When the doctor told me that we had secondary infertility and that it would be highly unlikely that we could get pregnant again on our own (I don't know if I was totally convinced of that considering how we got pregnant with NO effort the first time around that resulted in our 2 year old). My doctors said they had no reason to believe that my tubes were not in the same condition then that they were at our latest testing (one showed complete blockage, the other - partial). They say we might have gotten pregnant in spite of what they saw as blockages. Also they said a low ovarian reserve was a deterrent to trying OE IVF because Drs. didn't feel that I could produce many eggs. As such we looked into DE within a few months of our original diagnosis (following some repeated tests, just so the Dr. could be sure) and here we are.

That was a LOOOOONG answer to a short question. I figured that for the 1st cycle at least we would be relegated to the dreaded position 3. I guess I shouldn't say that. I should be, and I am, grateful for the opportunity to move forward. I know that is just fear talking. Fear of going through all of the prep, all of the shots, all of the synching up 4 cycles then to be bumped due to a small retrieval.

Were you in a 3:1 split or the 2:1 (I can't remember, sorry)? What was your placement in your cycles? What happens when they have an uneven number of eggs? Like 14 eggs. Do the first 2 recipients get 5 and the 3rd get 4? How do they work that out?

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Veesha - Dixiechic on Feb 12
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement