Anyone skip IVF OE and go straight to donor? Why is this so taboo?February 21 2011 at 11:58 AM
|Lauren (no login)|
I will reasonably sound like a newb in this message and I hope I am not intruding.
I am still young but after 4 years and 5 miscarriages, all early, I have little faith in my own eggs and their viability and ability to carry to term.At this point the only obviousway to test that is IVF OR. I get so anxious and sick thinking about two or three or even really just one cycle of OE.The emotions and roller coaster of something I have little faith in at this point feels unnecessary.
With DE I feel more peace. Not total peace and I'm not naive but the anxiousness towards DE is more hopeful and anticipatory.
We cant start DE for at least a year min. I am a therapistand have no problem seeking true therapy to ensure we are ready for DE.
I have crappy genetics honestly. I got relatively lucky but addiction and cancer and mental illness race through my family on both sides like wildfire. I'd feel at this point that a child from someone else genes would be getting a gift I cant give.
So rambling thoughts that I urge people to pick apart. Why is it so taboo to even think of skipping IVF with my own eggs? I am so sick of hearing "dont you want to try just once, you are so young, wont you always wonder".
What if I really don't care where or who my children come from? Is that possible??
- I did - Catherine on Feb 21
- Ps - Catherine on Feb 21
- I Did Too.... - ks on Feb 21
- I did. Was tired of losses. (loss, success) - BlessedThistle on Feb 21
- I did - Anonymous on Feb 21
- So understand . . . - Maggie in VA on Feb 21
- Re: So understand . . . - Lauren on Feb 21
- Maybe should add . . . - Maggie in VA on Feb 21
- It's a personal decision - Renata on Feb 21
- I did - siggy on Feb 21
- I could have written this :) (pg, losses, kids) - Kenny on Feb 21
- Re: I could have written this :) (pg, losses, kids) - Laurence on Feb 21
- a few thoughts- - Piper on Feb 21
- Re: a few thoughts- - lauren on Feb 21
- it takes time to process - W on Feb 21
- I did (success ment) - AJ on Feb 21
- I was 32 at the time fyi - AJ on Feb 21
- Never attempted OE except naturally - NOLA on Feb 21
- It's not taboo is it? I did it. - Orchid on Feb 21
- Not taboo... - Maya3 on Feb 21
- I don't think it's unusual - Anonymous on Feb 21
- I am, but did 2 injectible IUI cycles++ - ALM on Feb 21
- Yes....success ment - Hope2009 on Feb 21
- DE due to genetic issues (bio child mentioned) - bethphx on Feb 21
- Re: DE due to genetic issues (bio child mentioned) - Lauren on Feb 22
- We skipped OE IVF - Veesha on Feb 22
- beautiful story - lynnlabe on Feb 22
- Thanks for your well wishes, Lynnlabe - Veesha on Feb 24
- I wanted to - TH on Feb 22
- I did - Kay on Feb 22
- Do your your heart (and gut) tell you -- - Daisy7412 on Feb 22
- totally straight to donor at age 44 - birdy1600 on Feb 22
- Yes, we did. Our insurance does not cover infertility and we wanted to put our - Kacee on Feb 22