Did you experience "the hills are alive with the sound of music" moment with your donor?February 22 2011 at 4:10 PM
|BlessedThistle (Login Blessed_Thistle)|
The vitrification cycle that I did at GIVF, I definitely had that moment with the first donor I chose. I loved her! But she turned out to not be available - I guess someone ahead of me chose her before I got my "yes" in - and I chose the next one based on practical considerations but had no sense of absolute satisfaction and happiness with the choice. The sperm donor I used based on Dr Sher's HLA-DQ alpha theory and definitely was a practical choice though certainly a fine one. The donor embryo cycle, I definitely experienced it. I thought, "oh, how lucky I would be to be your mother" and just loved the donating profiles.
What about you, especially if you have cycled more than once?
- Nope...nt - Kacee on Feb 22, 2011
- yes, with the sperm donor but not the egg donor - wt on Feb 22, 2011
- :) I actually did not see any pics of either donor but the profiles just - BlessedThistle on Feb 22, 2011
- Yes, with all my donors... - Maya3 on Feb 22, 2011
- No - Leigh888 on Feb 22, 2011
- Nope, I was very pragmatic in selections, BUT there were things I loved... (kids) - Kenny on Feb 22, 2011
- For my "hills are alive" egg donor, I loved her smile and eyes and r/o - BlessedThistle on Feb 22, 2011
- Nope - Renata on Feb 22, 2011
- No - Pandora on Feb 23, 2011
- We did for both donors - Obie on Feb 23, 2011
- Nah! - diaphanta on Feb 24, 2011
- Love this thread, and its title. I could write a book (success and failure ment) - Leeba on Feb 24, 2011