Return to Index  

Nope, I was very pragmatic in selections, BUT there were things I loved... (kids)

February 22 2011 at 8:36 PM
Kenny  (Login Kenny2006)
Moderators

Response to Did you experience "the hills are alive with the sound of music" moment with your donor?

about all four of our donors, and would never have chosen one I didn't like very much. Our donors when assembled as a group had nothing in common with each other, but each had attributes I'd be happy to see in my children. One looked very much like my family (as far as I could tell from her toddler pics). One seemed very bright and had three beautiful children, though could not possibly look any different from me and be the same race wink.gif. One seemed very creative and had my coloring... and was tall, a bonus as I'm a shortie and hate it LOL, though differed from me completely in her politics/views on life. One was a mom who wrote with such eloquence about what her own daughter meant to her, and she had an enchanting smile in her childhood photos. So those were our four egg donors. Our sperm donor had nearly all of the same interests as my DH, who wanted nothing to do with the selection process. So I just "matched" him as closely as possible by childhood photo and interests.

I chose mainly on the basis of past donations, family health history, and frankly, availability (wasn't going to wait long for any egg donor as I truly believe genetic expression is just a crapshoot anyway). But I found something in each of our donors that I really loved - and of course the gratitude I felt at what they were trying to help us do, made me love each of them even more. Every time I look at my children, or think about the one on the way, NOW I have a "the hills are alive" moment, for sure happy.gif.

Great questions, BT. Best,
Kenny

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. For my "hills are alive" egg donor, I loved her smile and eyes and r/o - BlessedThistle on Feb 22, 2011
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement