Return to Index  

Re: Looking for advice on the choice of DE program or agency

February 24 2011 at 1:58 PM
Anonymous  (no login)

Response to Looking for advice on the choice of DE program or agency

If you want to know as much as possible about a donor and cost is not an object, you can go through a donor agency for lots of choices. It still is considered technically an "anonymous" donation since you don't know each other's names, but you can get a lot of info about the donor and her family.

The agency I went with is in a different area of the country than me, the donor traveled to my clinic, I also traveled to the clinic, so there was extra expense for that, but otherwise was uncomplicated.

My clinic did offer their own donor pool but I wanted more photos and information and choices. I have continued contact with the donor through the agent, which is great (still anonymous though).

As far as finding the "best" clinic possible despite cost and distance, that is up for debate I guess, but there are 4 or 5 "top" clinics with very high DE success rates (they have to publish a report showing number of cycles and success rates, you can see them on www.sart.org). They usually have their own donor pool but isn't much cheaper than bringing in a donor from an agency. My clinic said about half the patients bring an agency donor, and half use a clinic donor. Beware some of the slickest marketed clinics bragging about their great success can have very poor success rates when you look at the reports.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. No need to respond if I am getting too personal but - Seymo on Feb 24
    1. Re: No need to respond if I am getting too personal but - Anonymous on Feb 24
      1. That really clears things up - Seymo on Feb 25
        1. Re: That really clears things up - Anonymous on Feb 25

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement