Would you choose this donor...?February 26 2011 at 4:51 PM
|Calm (no login)|
Talked with RE office:
Donor #2 (the one that wasn't available last time, now is...but with some BUTs)
- Cycle 1: 12 retrieved; 12 fertilized; SET and 5 to freeze on Day 5 = BFP
- Cycle 2: 12 retrieved; 9 mature; 8 fertilized; 5 made it to Blast-2 transferred none frozen = BFP (singleton - m/c at 8 weeks)
Her 10.2 FSH (which is what we are worried about) was measured between cycles. Otherwise it has been 5.9 / 2.5 / 3.4 / 6.0 at different points. Her AFC has been 8/5; 8/8; 7/6 and 5/5 - also lower end at times. REs office knows this donor is low/borderline in a few areas but she has produced results. She is 26. Need to see re-measured FSH and talk further with RE about what's happening with her.
Two other donors may be available that are less physical matches for us and are cycling now (so could be "proven" if we wait a bit). Not sure that matters as much to me anymore...the physical match part. And those donors would only have 1 cycle of history...who is to say their 2nd would be the same, etc. More to follow after RE meeting Thursday.
Just curious your reactions to her 2 cycles and other data?
- She is OK but nothing more. - LizLA on Feb 26, 2011
- The mc would bother me (kids) - Kenny on Feb 26, 2011
- Probably not. She seems to be a very low producer and is at 50%. Just my - Kacee on Feb 26, 2011
- just curious - Dee on Feb 26, 2011
- Personally I hate high fsh ... - Aoife1 on Feb 27, 2011
- I would not - Anonymous on Feb 27, 2011
- My two cents... - Cathy on Feb 28, 2011
- Thanks everyone...tough... - Calm on Feb 28, 2011