Has anyone picked a non proven donor?March 4 2011 at 12:36 AM
|Abigail Wastowicz (Login wastette25)|
My husband and I have tried 20 IVF's with 15 transfers and 11 miscarriages. It took tons of research on our part and changing RE's a couple of times to figure things out and now that we finally have everything figured out...my eggs are not working.
We don't want to spend time on a waiting list at this point, since we've been trying for so long. We can only do this once and our Dr is being wonderful and only charging us his actual fees...he understands what we have been through and with no insurance how much we have spent to make our dream a reality.
We picked one donor that was proven, but we are 10th on her list and the other 2 donors are unproven, but they both have children and our clinic says that is a good thing. The one donor that doesn't have anyone on her list, so we would be able to go in May. She is 29, but has 2 kids...I know that 1 is 3, but not sure about the other. She looks a lot like me...only 1 inch shorter and the people that I've shared her picture said that she could be my younger sister.
We only have one shot at this and I need suggestions from women that have been there.
Thank you so much for all of your insight and help! This has been a very long road and I don't have many people that I can talk to about it...actually only 1 friend and my husband of course.
- Hmmm. - BBG on Mar 4, 2011
- I did - Leigh888 on Mar 4, 2011
- agree totally with BBG - Kay on Mar 4, 2011
- Another thing, check for infections - BBG on Mar 4, 2011
- mycoplasma and ureaplasma - Kay on Mar 4, 2011
- yes - Anonymous on Mar 4, 2011
- In your shoes - minniet on Mar 4, 2011
- Thank you for all of your help - Wastette on Mar 4, 2011
- Our donor sounds very similar (success mentioned)) - sproutsoon on Mar 4, 2011
- Haven't... but would in the future. - ruby46 on Mar 5, 2011
- All I can offer is my own experience... (success ment.) - Maya3 on Mar 6, 2011