Return to Index  

That's a good question, with no right answer.

March 4 2011 at 2:38 AM
margolis  (no login)

Response to Donor pictures

As it is so personal. I will tell you what worked for me, from my perspective. I understand the dilemma completely.

I felt very similarly. I am single and was using DE/DS. With the sperm donor, at the time, I had baby photos available to me. I chose my donor based on the medical history and characteristics that were important to me first. I did order the baby picture, and naturally, I looked at it. But, where I was cycling, the donors were anonymous and no photos available. I was ok with that. I then realized that whenever I would day dream about my baby, I kept picturing the childhood photo of my donor sperm. It was then that I realized that I would prefer to see my child's face and not see any of the donors in them. That their own, unique features that made them special, etc. So, when there was the possibility that I could see a childhood photo of my donor egg, I asked that it be put in a sealed envelope. I am in the tell the child camp (at least for now), so I wanted to have every bit of information that I was allowed when the questions came up. But that would be for the child. The picture honestly, was not an important part of my decision making. I understand how it can be though. Especially if you are trying to match certain features.

So, that was the long way of saying I understand how you feel.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement