Return to Index  

SIRM at this point typically recommends IL instead of IViG

March 6 2011 at 12:06 PM
  (Login Lauren1228)

Response to what about intralipids

At this point they suggest that intralipids are as effective in IViG in most cases. I think they've been advocating that since around 2009, and then they pointed us to a few articles.

Here is one showing equal effectiveness in both patients with "normal" NK cells and those with activated NK cells

Natural killer cell functional activity suppression by intravenous immunoglobulin, intralipid and soluble human leukocyte antigen-G.

Roussev RG, Ng SC, Coulam CB.

Millenova Immunology Laboratories, Chicago, IL 60611, USA. rgroussev@yahoo.com
Abstract

PROBLEM: The purpose of this study was to compare the ability of intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIg), intralipid and soluble human leukocyte antigen (sHLA)-G to suppress natural killer (NK) cell cytotoxicity in an in vitro assay.

METHOD OF STUDY: Blood samples taken from 275 women experiencing reproductive failure were analyzed for NK cytotoxicity and the suppression of NK cytotoxicity by IVIg 4 and 2 mg/mL (n = 275), intralipid 18 and 9 mg/mL (n = 275) and sHLA-G 70 and 35 ng/mL (n = 50) using immunofluorescent labeled K562 cells as targets and flow cytometry.

RESULTS: Natural killer cytotoxicity was suppressed in all samples. Among patients with normal NK cell activity, IVIg suppressed NK cytotoxicity by 44.9 +/- 8.1%, intralipid suppressed NK killing by 45.2 +/- 8.3% and sHLA-G suppressed by 49.0 +/- 9.2%. When specimens with abnormal NK activity were observed for suppression of cytotoxicity, IVIg suppressed by 38.9 +/- 5.4%, intralipid suppressed by 39.8 +/- 6.2% and sHLA-G suppressed by 39.9 +/- 5.0%.

CONCLUSION: Intravenous immunoglobulin, intralipid and sHLA-G suppressed NK cell cytotoxicity with equal efficacy in an in vitro assay.

Me-28
Dh-28
FSH 33, AMH .29
5 Chemical Pregnancies
Twisted Tubes, With Stage 1 Endo, possibly Stage 2 by now
Removed Uterine Septum and polyps in 2009 (Dr Sher said this was BAD, could have created scar tissue. Hysteroscopy soon to see)
Short LP- Respond well to Progesterone
Trying since March 2008 with no children

Karyotype and Fragile X = "Normal".
On to Immune Testing.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. I wanna slap Sher around a bit! - BBG on Mar 6
    1. Ya mean $7000? Oh the pain of paying for that and having nothing to transfer....nt - BlessedThistle on Mar 6
    2. Re: I wanna slap Sher around a bit! - Lauren on Mar 6

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement