Return to Index  

thanks for sharing your story

March 7 2011 at 2:36 PM
JMH05  (no login)

Response to my story

Skye-
Thanks for sharing your story with me. I really don't think there is any "typical" story when it comes to the decisions the ladies on this board have had to make. I think we all have very interesting sad stories to share that hopefully have happy endings for all of us.

I am so happy that you are pregnant. How far along are you and how is the pregnancy going? I appreciate you sharing your honest feelings of grief that I imagine everyone who chooses donor egg or embryo goes through at some point whether it is before getting pregnant, during pregnancy or after the baby is born.

Do you live in Oregon? We lived up there a long time ago for about 6 months. You mentioned in your other post that you have met a few other women on another website or blog that have gone to the clinic in Nevada. Would you mind sharing that site with me? It really helps to hear the stories of others. I am mostly concerned that the only donor embryos available will be from donor eggs and even though they obviously would have the best chance I really would rather have a family who just got lucky and couldn't or didn't want any more kids. I know we still wouldn't have any chance of contact, but I would just feel better if we were lucky enough to have embryo donor work to know my baby had a genetic link somewhere in the world from a family that may at some point change their mind and want contact. Not sure if that is even a possibility.

Thanks again,
-J

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement