I think it's unlikely a clinic won't notice as you have to give the primary insured's name, and trust me, I thought about every way I could to work around this. I could have gotten on my insurance at work, but it was inferior to my husband's and he would have become immediately suspicious if I had voluntarily downgraded my insurance. My husband was actually using my desire to go forward ttc to strong-arm me into making financial concessions that would have ruined me. Your husband won't just not like it; his lawyer will tell him not to do it as he will be legally father of your child unless you are divorced.
The best thing to do would be go ahead and get your divorce finalized. If you don't want to wait, you can e-mail me at r i o t s q u i r r l at gmail.com and I can give you an idea of some other options you may have. But let me know if you do e-mail me as I rarely check that account.
Maggie (in VA)