Return to Index  

Also....thanks for sharing (DS, kids,loss ment)

March 10 2011 at 10:50 AM
JMH05  (no login)

Response to responding to your question/advice

We also have not looked into infant adoption locally or abroad b/c of the expense. It isn't really always as easy as you would think it would be even if you have the money. It can also be a devastating experience. We have friends who recently adopted a 4 month old through a foster agency and everything went super smooth and that is how we got involved in infant adoption through foster care. My DH is really not comfortable with the idea, but we would only take a baby that hopefully has not been through too much trauma. Unfortunately the social worker told me my friends story is really rare and may not happen again for a long time and also that 80% of the babies are being taken away b/c of drug addict moms. So we understand the reality of the situation and that is why we are both so much more comfortable with donor embryo. I want to carry the baby so that we know it has started off with the best possible environment from the very beginning.

I can totally relate to your decision to not consider adoption. The books I have been reading on adoption make it seem really hard to believe that anyone is prepared or capable of adopting. They make it seem really scary and hard. I commend all families who adopt especially after learning so much more about it. It is a huge life choice.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement