Return to Index  

not telling the ob/gyn

March 11 2011 at 2:43 PM
wt  (no login)

This may sound like a dumb question but I'm really just wondering if I'm missing something.

I completely understand that if you are no-tell and live in a small community, that you might not want the ob/gyn office to know because word might get around. But otherwise (I live thousands of miles from the ob/gyn and am very open about the process), are there other legal or medical reasons why people wouldn't tell?

I can think of some reasons why it would be good for the ob/gyn to know: in case there was a hormonal abnormality during the pregnancy, so that the ob/gyn wouldn't push for invasive testing like amnio based on the age of the mother, things like that.

Are there other reasons for not telling?

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: not telling the ob/gyn - Dee on Mar 11
  3. downs syndrome ment. - Dee on Mar 11
    1. downs (pg ment) - wt on Mar 11

4. I didn't tell (success, Down's and m/c mentioned)) - thesameboat on Mar 11
    1. wow! Illegal?! - wt on Mar 11

5. a good thing to talk to a DE counsler about (same stuff and loss mentioned) - Andi on Mar 11
    1. probably will tell (child and pg ment) - wt on Mar 11

6. I didn't tell because... - Hopingsoon on Mar 11
  8. telling OB - anonymous on Mar 11
  10. No legal or medical reason to not tell..........(success ment) - Miracle_Wanted on Mar 11
    1. medical reasons- - Piper on Mar 14

11. If your donor is Rh- - Obie on Mar 12
  13. I think the ob/gyn - Bharani on Mar 12
    1. Barge to Bharani: No, they won't automatically know.....(success ment) - Miracle_Wanted on Mar 12
      1. Thank you - Bharani on Mar 12
      2. huh? - Dee on Mar 12
        1. forget about HIPAA... - mira on Mar 12
          1. question - Dee on Mar 12
            1. 'Supposed to' and 'won't' is a big difference... - Miracle_Wanted on Mar 12
              1. yes but - Dee on Mar 12

14. Just my story - Patty45 on Mar 12
    1. most of us won''t know anything so it won't make any difference - Orchid on Mar 12

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement