Return to Index  

Re: Ok to lift after FET? Confused (Toddler mentioned)

March 16 2011 at 2:17 PM
Brigid  (Login Brigid32)

Response to Ok to lift after FET? Confused (Toddler mentioned)

My clinic tells patients to stay in bed the day of the transfer and basically inactive the next day. I asked about exercise, and was told not to do that during stims or the 2ww because of the possibility of twisting my ovaries because of the stimulation. This was using my own eggs. I have not asked yet about any changes during this cycle, which is donor egg. Anyway,having said that, the vast majority of people who get pregnant do it the old-fashioned way and have no idea that they are pregnant for at least 2 weeks (when they miss a period),maybe longer. My mother didn't know until she was 3 months along,because her periods were irregular,anyway. I'm sure these people are lifting other children and doing all kinds of strenuous activities. (Think of pioneer women, and all the hard physical labor required every day just to survive. And yet, the human race continued...) I heard (like someone else mentioned) that the guidelines saying to avoid strenuous activity are mostly just so when women don't become pregnant,they don't think it was because of something they did. Sort of a can't hurt/might help philosophy. I heard that there is no proof that staying in bed makes any difference at all.I heard the same thing about the advice to women at risk of miscarriage. They are always told to stay in bed,but, statistically, there is no proof that this helps. Generally,any activity that is a risk to you is a risk to the baby. Anything that is no risk to you won't hurt the baby. Good luck!

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement