Return to Index  

I took heparin and then fragmin....m success ment

March 21 2011 at 5:22 PM
Hope2009  (no login)

Response to Anyone taken heparin empirically before?

for our two successful FET cycles. This was suggested after our first fresh cycle which was perfect in all ways ended in a chemical.

My Dr. was really baffled over that failure since I have had Oe children and the first fresh cycle had perfect 20/20 blasts..2 transferred into a perfectly lined uterus. I have had chemicals in the past and 2 m/c's at 12 wks and 8 wks but they thought it was egg quality.

anyway he did a series of blood tests..yes the amount of vials needed was astonishing..and the only thing they found was that I tested positive for factor V leiden..inheritated by one parent...obviously that blood clotting issue didn't prevent me from having our own egg children but anyway he prescribed heparin from about a week before our transfer until week 20 gestation and we were successful.

For the next FET heparin wasn't available so they prescribed Fragmin which I loved as it was a preloaded shot I ONLY had to take once a day.

Also along with the hep and frag..I TOOK a low dose aspirin...until 36 wks.

I hope this works for you...as sometimes says maybe there is a blood clotting issue that hasn't been found yet...or your issues are so minute that this will just give you the boost you need to keep the blood flowing to your embryo for good implantation and growth.

Blessings from Hope

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement