Return to Index  

Your question

March 21 2011 at 11:37 PM
demomone  (no login)

Response to Donor eggs, autism, birth defects...thoughts?

is a good one and I am sure one that has crossed many of our minds.

I cannot answer for other's and yes, I have read about women who have used DE/DS who do have had children with issues. For me, it was very important to use a clinic that verified all of the donors info(well, as much as possible). There is no screen for autism, as you know. There are screens for other familial genetic issues. One would have to use a reliable and trustworthy agency or clinic to assure a good screening process. The other issue that was important for me was the psychological screening and I did request and pay extra for some personality tests to determine a mental disorder or not. I actually had it done twice on my donor..I used her for two cycles. It was well worth my peace of mind..You may also want to use an older donor, as we did..that also can rule out some issues depending on how far she has gone academically or in her profession. We also were able to verify her education history through a third party. Sounds crazy how much we went through but this was important to us as we have a load of "issues" with our family members.
In the end, DE was our only option and I thank G-d daily for this dear, dear gift..and precious, very loved child.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. autism often comes out of the blue - Orchid on Mar 21
  3. one more thing - demomone on Mar 21
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement