Return to Index  

Answers (child ment.)

March 23 2011 at 1:14 AM
Ariadne  (no login)

Response to what made you think you had those issues?

Initially I was just looking to rule them out & I fully expected to do that. With my history & a failed DE cycle, I was worried we might have a hidden issue beyond egg quality, but still, I believe at a basic level that my results would be normal. I just wanted to make sure that we weren't going to throw money away on a 2nd fresh cycle if we had other issues in the way.

The testing & treatments are hugely expensive. Also, many women test + for issues but are able to get pg. with no problem, so doing testing just to screen for issues is tricky & imprecise, to say the least. Although I suppose that applies to all areas of medicine, as we're all unique. Anyway, there are very real reasons to be cautious about simply wading in & doing all the testing without some indication that it might be an issue.

I just want them to remember what happened & make sure a pg. isn't viable before calling it a day. It's a potential life at stake & I can't understand risking that if there's a chance. I've had a lot of disappointments with doctors & staff in the infertility field, so I'm no longer surprised by anything they do, but at times I do look at my son & marvel that they were so sure the pg. was not viable. Sure enough to say to stop meds. They were wrong, though, & it's a reminder that doctors are far from perfect or all knowing.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement