Return to Index  

Welcome to the board!

March 23 2011 at 8:50 PM
Veesha  (Login Veesha)

Response to First post .

I agree that you should go with a donor with which you are both comfortable. Since this is a decision that will affect the rest of your live, when successful, you don't want to look back and think, why did I pick this donor or why didn't I pick that donor, if you weren't at least sold on them too.

Don't get me wrong. I think there are lots of women on the board who settled when it came to their donors (not that they weren't okay with their decisions), but they realized that moving forward more quickly was more important or they wanted to find someone who possessed the most important attributes on their list, but maybe not everything on their wish list. Let's face it. The donor will never be us, and most if not all of us would have been happiest if we were genetically linked to our child.

So, I guess the bottom line is that we all pretty much have to settle in some fashion or another. So you have to figure out what is truly the most important when looking for your donor, and what you can live without. Then the next step for me was feeling gratitude to that person we chose who is making a sacrifice to help me try to expand my family since my own body wasn't cooperating.

Although she is not a duplicate of me, she has a lot of strong characteristics that made me think that she would be someone I would like to know. Also a lot of her strengths were in the same areas where mine are. Her health history and that of her family is great as well. Also her social history is good. That was important to us as well, because I have tried to keep my body as healthy as I could over the years. I also was interested in someone who had sought some kind of higher education, whether that was college, in our ED's case it was, or technical school or trade school. To us it just showed an ability and want to achieve and learn, and a dedication to something, which would make us believe that she would be dedicated to follow the rigorous dosing schedule of a donor.

Again, these were my reasons, they may not be important to you or others as they choose donors, and that's okay. It's up to the individual or the couple what works for them.

The best to you, and welcome again!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Welcome to the board! - Anonymous on Mar 23, 2011
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement