Return to Index  

Not sure (DE twins ment)

March 23 2011 at 9:10 PM
Renata  (Login doglvr)

Response to Trends in donor egg production

I'm not sure, but I have a guess that clinics are moving towards less stimulation medication for donors. I don't know that our clinic did that for sure, but our donor was only 22 and had only 13 eggs for our cycle and a similar number for the previous cycle with another family. Our fresh SET failed, but I have twins from the frozen cycle (after the bfn on the fresh I didn't want to take any chances). What I am coming to realize is that an embryo, even one created from a very young egg, is a pretty fragile thing and the majority of them don't make it. When you are paying so much and have gone through so much soul searching and struggle to get here, you want the cycle to succeed and of course we hope the chances are much greater than with our own eggs. Statistically that is true, but so many women here have been trying for a long time and you just have to wonder what is really going on, even with a young donor, to not have pregnancies happen more easily. I really wish you luck moving forward. I would definitely ONLY use a young, proven donor. How old was your friend?

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Thanks - minniet on Mar 23, 2011
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement