Return to Index  

I agree with the above poster.

March 29 2011 at 6:15 PM
Anonymous for this  (no login)

Response to Re: where do I find a clinic w/DE and surrogacy?? Need Information...

I don't know that much about the history of Woman's Gift or Fran, although I have seen a few recommendations for that agency. Two other agencies that I have heard good reviews, and seem to have lower fees, are Expect Miracles out of CA and Earthly Angels. I have also heard good reviews about Agency for Solutions, the agency that BBG mentioned. They are also based out of CA. But, it really doesn't matter where the agency is based out of, it matters what state your surrogate lives in. It is VERY important that you go to a surro friendly state, and one that is friendly towards your situation. For instance, TX is a surro friendly state, as long as you are married. Same as FL. Not sure about the genetic connection part, though. Some are surro friendly for gestational, but not traditional surrogacy. You also have the added problem of not having a genetic connection, so some of the states that are surro friendly, the judges base the PBO on there being a genetic connection present. And, in most states, it varies not only by state, but by county. The pp was so right in that you need to have an ART attorney in the state where the GC will give birth. They can advise you best. I do know that CA is the MOST surro friendly state, as there are state laws that protect the IPs, and you are not at the mercy of a judge whether or not he will grant a PBO. You definitely want that PBO. Otherwise you will be paying for an adoption, ON TOP of a surrogacy. Can we say, million dollar baby???? I realize that CA is clear across the country from you, so maybe you can find a situation that will work for you a bit closer.

GL

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. All good points, and want to add something - BBG on Mar 29, 2011
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement